Project management is not a easy job which can be accomplished just with paper and a pencil. What we need is an app which helps you to track the issues, display timelines, collaboration and easier access to required information. Any Project Management app will be utilized by all the team members and maximum productivity is ensured only if that app guarantees collaboration. This leaves us with the only option, an online project management tool.
ClockingIt is a web based app which allows users to manage their project online. It has all the features needed for getting things done and to smoothly run the project. Apart from the ‘must have’ features like issue tracking and charts, this app features email notification, forums, chat etc which helps the users to communicate and share the info at a centralized location.
[vimeo w=600 h=450]http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1331210[/vimeo]
Issue tracking is very easy with ClockingIt and can be done with few steps.
- Add new Client
- Create a New Project to the Client added (Step1)
- Add users to the project
- Click on New Task from the Menu
NewTask Page (Screenshot from my previous site)
- Submit the task details, priority, type and attach files, if any
- Create Milestones from ‘Target section in newtask option
- Assign the new task (Step 5) to appropriate milestone (step 6).
Click on overview button (acts like a dashboard)
- Drag the widgets to organize and arrange as needed
- Create new widget by specifying the type of it
- We can easily mark the tasks complete directly and the graphs will be updated instanly
Charting & Reporting
Click on GANTT chart from Schedule Menu. This chart extracts the data from the ‘Time Estimate’ option present in the ‘New Tasks’ page. Any change in the time duration for the particular task is immediately reflected on the GANTT chart.
Click on the report tab to run reports of various type like Pivot, Workload, Timesheet and Audit.
- Task filters
- Timeline & Time tracking
- Graphs & GANTT charts (Ajax based)
- Drag & Drop organizing
- Notes & Comments
- CSV Export
- Group chat / transcripts
- Instant messaging
- Email alerts
- RSS & iCal feeds
- File storage (for screenshots)
- Private Forum & Wiki for collaboration