Proxy Switchy! is an advanced proxy manager for Google Chrome, it allows users to manage and switch between multiple proxy profiles quickly and easily.
This will be one must-have addition to the chrome addons that helps for security testing which we had discussed earlier here. While conducting blackbox security assessments, we normally do analysis on communication between the server and the browser (client). This is done with the help of various software proxy interceptors such as Paros, Webscarb, Burp etc. by redirecting traffic to these proxies.
Most of the times its required to change the browser proxy settings to
1. Change the port to switch the listener (proxy) that intercepts web traffic
2. Filter the URLs that are not in our scope to reduce the overhead on the proxy.
3. Match the URLs to send to different listeners based on certain patterns.
Proxy switch can help to easily overcome the situations mentioned above.
- Manage and switch between multiple proxy profiles.
- Change the proxy configuration of Chrome and IE in one click.
- URL based switch rules.
- Supports Socks v4 and v5.
- Change LAN and VPN/Dial-up proxy settings.
- Quickly add rules for currently active websites.
- Quick proxy switch between two profiles or cycle all profiles.
- Online rule list support (AutoProxy compatible), more details here.
- Export switch rules as PAC/RuleList file.
- Backup/Restore options.
- Proxy change monitoring.
- Colorful profiles and icons.
- Supports Windows, Linux (32/64 bit) and Mac OS X.
|Proxy Switchy! Info